We’ve all been there. You’ve set a goal, and after a few weeks into your new routine, the shine has started to wear off. It’s getting a little harder to climb that hill.
But it’s important to remember that not only are you not alone, but seriously successful people, like Oprah Winfrey, Michael Phelps and Barbara Corcoran have all experienced what you are dealing with right now.
Don’t get overwhelmed and decide to throw in the towel. Find your motivation with insights in the words of these role models.
1. “You don’t learn to walk by following the rules. You learn by doing, and falling over.” – Richard Branson
2. “The question I ask myself like almost every day is, ‘Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?’” – Mark Zuckerberg
3. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” – Henry Ford
4. “It’s harder to stay on top than it is to make the climb. Continue to seek new goals.” – Pat Summitt
5. “Be so busy improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others. You’ll be bad ass in no time.” – Parklins Ifeanyichukwu
6. “A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive.” – Walt Disney
7. “If we have a goal and a plan, and are willing to take risks and mistakes and work as team, we can choose to do the hard thing.” – Scott Kelly
8. “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.” – Arianna Huffington
9. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.” – Oprah Winfrey
10. “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” – Barack Obama
11. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
12. “The only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”– Michelle Obama